Monday, November 9, 2009

The Tree Of Life

Tree of Life

The mighty tree stands tall
Majestic in the morning sun
Never alone
Steadfast, strong
Boughs swaying in the gentle
Summer breeze
Flowing with the moment
Never asking questions
Always accepting the answers
Of the universe
Secretly knowing the
Grand and glorious call of nature
That is universal love
Gods love,
Gods greatness,
Gods power
Gods peace

I am a tree in winter
I stand alone
I am not alone
My roots firm
In Gods earth
My leaves shed
My branches bare
Knowing that with the coming
Of winter
My leaves fall and nourish
The earth
As
The earth nourishes me
My soul is open
Raw
Vulnerable
The circle of life continues
I stand firm
I know spring comes
With a promise of a new
And glorious day
Within my trunk
So sturdy
Memories of ages past
Always bringing me to
The moment
Spring comes
I sleep now
Deep within my soul

thalia
© May 20, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment